In the midst of these unprecedented and uncertain times due to the Coronavirus pandemic, you may find yourself working from home unexpectedly. Others are finding themselves suddenly unemployed and are seeking out remote work opportunities. Regardless of what type of situation you find yourself in during this trying time, our team at Tintle Digital Marketing wants to send our love and support! All of our team members work remotely and are taking the necessary measures to keep our families and others safe.
In case your business is not used to working by remote and you're wondering how to adjust to this new reality, we have compiled a list of our top 5 tools from those of us who've been doing this for almost 7 years. While we know that working from home sounds like a dream come true, (and let’s be honest, it basically is!), we realize that being thrust into this lifestyle suddenly may pose some problems as so many adjust unexpectedly to this lifestyle. Ready to find out what our favorite tricks for successfully working from home are?
1. Upwork: With over 1.8M annual projects and being trusted by 5M+ businesses, Upwork is an incredible tool that helps connect online-based freelancers, contractors and agencies with businesses. At TDM, we use the Upwork platform both to hire and be hired by businesses looking for FB ad campaign management. Verified reviews and the "top rated" feature make it extremely easy to find the best of the best without any worry, whether searching for a prospective client or freelancer. If you are not yet on Upwork, get started by creating a profile today. If you have a profile that has been dormant for a while, take time to spruce it up, refine your About Me section, and add in any relevant work experience or portfolio pieces that you can. The more polished and professional you can make your profile, the more likely you will be to land new opportunities!
2. Project Management Tools: Online software now makes it possible to manage a team FULLY by remote. There are endless resources for teams working remotely to stay connected and organized. Trello, Asana, Slack and Basecamp are some of our most-used resources for assigning tasks, communicating on projects, and organizing your workload. Depending on how big your team is, most offer a freemium or low monthly fee plan.
3. Skype/Zoom: Need to move your meetings to be held virtually? Skype and Zoom are two of the easiest ways to speak to and see someone for meetings. They are both free and you can also share screens if you need to walk through something visually. These platforms work great for regular phone calls, too! Though not free, if you have a larger business or team, GoToMeeting may be a better choice for you. It is important to explore different options to find what is the best fit for your specific needs.
4. Screencastify: This is hands-down one of our most favorite tools for online work with a remote team! With Screencastify, you can record a video of your screen and voice in your built-in computer microphone. When you need to verbally and visually explain something to a team member or client and your schedules are just not lining up (it happens!), this is literally the FASTEST and most efficient way to get the job done. Plus, who isn’t crazy about Chrome extensions?!
5. G-Suite: Speaking of Chrome, it likely goes without saying that utilizing Google’s G-Suite is a no-brainer for productive and remote work collaboration. Whether you need to keep you and your team organized, connect more easily, or create and share Docs/Sheets/Forms/Slides, etc. with ease in live time, you need look no further than G-Suite.
While there are certainly a plethora of tools and resources out there for remote teams, we wanted to personally highlight and call out our most used, daily platforms that we feel are important in making or breaking a work from home experience.
Working from home suddenly may come with challenges and stressors as you adapt to this new lifestyle virtually overnight. We want to offer you hope during this challenging time. You’ve got this. When you feel stressed or overwhelmed, stand up, take a deep breath, and get a few minutes of fresh air if you are able. This too, shall pass, and with the future of work being in remote work, mastering these skills and learning these platforms now can only benefit you in the future.
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt
Have you ever had your Facebook ad account analyzed by an expert to see what's working, what's not and to advise you on the BEST next steps to take in order to optimize your campaign?
STOP trying to figure out Facebook ads on your own and get a FREE Facebook Ads Review today!